Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This Pumpkin Cinnamon Cheesecake is a winner. This gluten free dessert doesn't last long around the boys and their friends.
- 1. Fill the bottom of a baking dish with a little less than ¼ inch of water.
- 2. Cut pumpkin in half, remove seeds, and place face down in baking dish.
- 3. Roast pumpkin in the oven for 45-55 minutes until soft.
- 4. Allow pumpkin to cool and scrape flesh into a bowl, then measure out 2 cups.
- 5. In a cuisinart, combine 2 cups pumpkin, strained yogurt (minus the whey which was strained out), agave, vanilla and lemon juice and process until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- 6. Process in cinnamon and salt.
- 7. Pour batter into a 9-inch tart pan.
- 8. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes, until firm.
- 9. Remove from oven, cool and serve.
The key to this is that you REALLY need to strain the yogurt! I used a carton of Greek yogurt figuring I wouldn't have to strain it...oops. Big watery mess!!! (But it made a rich version of my classic pumpkin pie yogurt so it didn't go to waste once I drained the excess water/whey.) So I felt it wasn't fair to review it until I made it again correctly. It's a bit time-consuming to leave the yogurt straining overnight (cheesecloth is better than a colander for straining yogurt, for the uninitiated) but totally worth it!! I used honey instead of agave nectar to get the same consistency and a 15-oz can of pumpkin both times. When I made it correctly, it came out utterly delicious with a nice light texture! Will definitely make again!