Recipe by Tony Bozzi
Adapted from an advertisement for "Lifestream" 100% Organic Whole Grain & Flax+ Pasta in a Yoga Journal magazine.
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (large)
- 1⁄2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine
- 0.75 (11 ounce) package pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim off any sandy roots of cilantro.
- Cut bunch in half lengthwise.
- Place cilantro steams and leaves in bowl of food processor.
- Add pumpkin seeds and garlic, and pulse to chop.
- With motor running, pour in oil to create a paste.
- Add lime juice, salt, chili powder, capers and caper brine.
- Pulse a few times to coarsely chop capers. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until tender but still firm.
- While pasta cooks, place corn in large colander and run hot water over it to separate kernels.
- When pasta is done, pour it over corn to drain; return pasta and corn to pot.
- Toss in tomatoes, black beans, and pesto sauce.
- Serve warm.