- 2 kg green apples, skinned and diced
- 2 kg pumpkin, skinned and diced
- 2 kg tomatoes
- 180 g garlic cloves, crushed
- 15 ml red chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 kg sugar
- 10 ml salt
- 5 ml ground cloves
- 5 ml pepper
- 5 ml ginger
- 10 ml mustard powder
- 5 ml ground cinnamon
- 2 liters white grape vinegar
- 250 g pitted dates, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Heat slowly, stirring continuously until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until the mixture thickens and is no longer runny. Mash gently with a potato masher if the pumpkin and potato pieces are too big.