Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A pumpkin and spice cheesecake with a chocolate swirl. From Nov/Dec VT 2006. Prep and cooking times are approximate, and don't include cooling or chilling before serving.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages neufchatel cheese, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- MAKE CHOCOLATE CRUST: Coat 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into springform pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- MAKE CHEESECAKE FILLING: Place chocolate in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium power, stirring every 30 seconds to heat evenly. Set aside.
- In food processor, blend cottage cheese until smooth (about 3 minutes). Add Neufchatel cheese, brown sugar, eggs, and flour. Process until smooth. Add pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg. Process 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Whisk 1 cup of the cheese batter into the melted chocolate. Pour remaining batter into crust. Spoon dollops of chocolate mixture onto batter and swirl with a knife.
- Bake the cheesecake for 1-1/2 hours, or until the top is firm and the cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Chill well before unmolding and serving.