Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe can also be used to make small loaves of bread that are a really cute gift to take to the neighbors during the Holidays! This recipe is always very moist because of the grated apples. It also cuts down a lot on fat content.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (optional)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups apples (any kind, grated)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Add eggs, sugar and oil together in Kitchen Aid or mixing bowl and beat for about 1 minute.
- Stir in sugar and grated apples.
- Add flour a little bit at a time.
- mix in salt, baking soda, spices and chocolate chips.
- Line muffin tin with paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. (If you are making bread, it will take about twice as long to bake).
These were very tasty. I subbed grated carrots for the apples and they turned out well. I also used the whole can of pumpkin to avoid the small amount leftover in the can.
Great bread. I made four mini loaves and one little squatty full sized loaf and it cooked in exactly 40 min. This was much faster and easier than my regular recipe and much less fat. I don't do chocolate chips in my quick bread (I know, weird) but the family loved it! Thanks for posting Cadylynn
Hey I have this recipe too!! It's great. I love how low fat it is but I love the taste better.