Recipe by Roxygirl in Colorado
From Quick Cooking, this pumpkin bread has chocolate chips. Posted in response to a request. Don't be alarmed about the sugar amount! It makes 3 loaves.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I scaled this recipe down to one loaf using the "change size" option on the bottom of the recipe, it turned out really good, I use 2 teaspoons Mexican vanilla and used 2 teaspoons cloves and nutmeg for one loaf. Thanks Roxy!..Kitten:)
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (29 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 -1 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Stir in the pumpkin, and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Stir into pumpkin mixture just until blended.
- Stir in chips.
- Transfer to three greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Wrap and freeze for up to 6 months.
- Yield: 3 loaves.