Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Quick Cooking, this pumpkin bread has chocolate chips. Posted in response to a request. Don't be alarmed about the sugar amount! It makes 3 loaves.
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (29 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 -1 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Stir in the pumpkin, and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Stir into pumpkin mixture just until blended.
- Stir in chips.
- Transfer to three greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Wrap and freeze for up to 6 months.
- Yield: 3 loaves.
I scaled this recipe down to one loaf using the "change size" option on the bottom of the recipe, it turned out really good, I use 2 teaspoons Mexican vanilla and used 2 teaspoons cloves and nutmeg for one loaf. Thanks Roxy!..Kitten:)
A tasty way to sneak some type of vegetable into my child's stomach.
I was the one who requested this recipe on the recipezaar community boards. Roxygirl was kind enough to look in her magazines and post the recipe. This is just too good. I've made this recipe twice and these loaves do not last long in my house. They didn't last long enough for me to put up any in the freezer. I wish I could give it higher than a five star rating!