Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
Sounds like a mouthful and it IS a mouthful. A delicious mouthful that is.
Top Review by Roxanne J.R.
I originally saw this recipe on Peabody's website but came here looking for it because I wanted to reduce the amount of muffins it made. I have to say, wow! I couldn't believe how good these are. I would recommend anyone to try it. 5 stars!
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, cooked
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate-covered raisins (or more if you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugars, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the eggs, pumpkin, and unsalted butter. .
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix. Fold in the chocolate covered raisins.
- Scoop batter into greased or paper cup lined muffin cups. Bake for about 20- 22 minutes or until puffed and springy to the touch. Cool then remove from cups.