Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This cookies are very moist and tender. My family likes these at Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas.
- 4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked (not instant)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) canlibby solid-pack pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine flour, oats, soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine softened butter; gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Alternate additions of dry ingredients and the pumpkin, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Dough will be stiff.
- For each cookie, drop 1/4 C of dough onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes, or until cookies are firm and lightly browned.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool on rack.
Great recipe! I used fresh pumpkin. The dough wasn't stiff, but the cookies still turned out great, because I refrigerated it for a little while.
These made a ton. Everyone liked them. Might add chopped nuts the next time.
We absolutely loved these. I did make the first batch with a 1/4 c. of batter but the cookies were HUGE. After the first batch I downsized to a little more than a tablespoon of batter and baked them for 13 min. and they were perfect. These are very tasty! Thanks, Sugar!