These are delicious, moist cake squares that are simple to make. I made them 3-4 times this holiday season and received many compliments. My husband prefered them without the chocolate chips. Adapted from Martha's new Everyday Food magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil.
- 3Whisk together flour, pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- 4In another bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- 5To butter/sugar, beat in egg and and vanilla.
- 6Beat in pumpkin puree- batter may appear curdled at this point.
- 7mix in dry ingredients until combined.
- 8Fold in chocolate chips.
- 9Spread evenly in pan and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
- 10Edges should come away from the side, and inserted toothpick should come out clean.
- 11Cool in pan, then cut into 24 squares for serving.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Squares
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 143.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 2.1 g