Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are delicious, moist cake squares that are simple to make. I made them 3-4 times this holiday season and received many compliments. My husband prefered them without the chocolate chips. Adapted from Martha's new Everyday Food magazine.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil.
- Whisk together flour, pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- To butter/sugar, beat in egg and and vanilla.
- Beat in pumpkin puree- batter may appear curdled at this point.
- mix in dry ingredients until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly in pan and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
- Edges should come away from the side, and inserted toothpick should come out clean.
- Cool in pan, then cut into 24 squares for serving.
Delicious! They reminded me of pumpkin bread, but in squares, but when I compared recipes these actually have less sugar. I think these will be replacing my pumpkin bread from now on!
These are extremely moist and delicious! I first made them last fall when I saw the recipe on Martha Stewart's TV Show. My husband LOVES these! I've made them many times.
I actually found another version of this recipe first, and made that - but I loved it so much I wanted to post a review. The ingredients are the same, but the amounts of several are different. However, I liked it so much that I wanted to post a review. It's delicious, with the pumpkin, spice, and chocolate. It's a great snack cake that is not too sweet.<br/>I will be trying this version. Thanks for posting.