Soft, cake-like, chocolately pumpkin goodness!ï»¿ I make these vegan by using egg replacer and for the flour I use a combination of whole wheat and all purpose. Recommended: eat them warm!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (I use a combination of all purpose and whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (just shy of a cup)
- 1 egg (or vegan egg replacer)
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, add brown sugar, graulated sugar, vanilla extract and oil. Stir to combine. With a mixer beat in pumpkin, then egg (or egg replacer). Slowly beat in the dry ingredients until everything is combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet and bake 12-14 minutes.