Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I was restless and bored one night and couldn't sleep so I decided to bake something. After raiding the kitchen this is what I threw together. I love that it has a mild sweetness and isn't over powering. So, if you prefer really sweet things I suggest you add more sugar. I also love how light these are.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl add baking mix, oats, baking powder, chocolate chips, and the tablesppon of pumpkin pie spice. Stir until combined.
- In a medium bowl whisk together pumpkin, teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, egg, milk, and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in pecans.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined.
- Spoon minture into greased 9 X 13inch pan and bake for 25 mins or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow "cake" to cool slightly and transfer from pan to wire rack to continue cooling.
- When cool slice width wise into 1/2 inch strips and then in half length wise.
- Place evenly on cookie sheet(s) and bake for an additonal 10-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely and enjoy!
These bars have a lovely flavor. They are quite cakey and moist and bursting with chocolately and pumpkiny goodness. Mine took more like 30-35 minutes for the first bake so that they were not undone in the middle. I think next time I might just bake them a bit longer and skip the second bake, then cut 'em and dust 'em,