Recipe by Funda
Modified from MasterCook
Top Review by anotherjenny
This is my all-time favorite muffin recipe, although I do make some adjustments. I substitute toasted almonds for the walnuts, and I also substitute whole wheat flour for half the white flour. It's an excellent recipe, and I find that they are always eaten whenever I take them someplace!
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin cups or line with muffin papers.
- Thoroughly mix flour, sugar, spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Break eggs into another bowl.
- Add pumpkin and butter to eggs and whisk until well-blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour over dry ingredients and fold in just until moistened.
- Scoop into tins and bake 20-25 minutes.