Recipe by Wendy13
These are a nice alternative to regular pumpkin muffins. They are quite dense and filling. My kids love these muffins and they don't last long at all.
Top Review by eeshie820
I made the recipe as written except that I omitted the allspice and substituted 1 c. whole wheat flour for AP flour. The flavor is good, but the muffins didn't cook up as fluffy as other muffins I've made. I like this recipe because it doesn't have the usual excessive amount of oil found in pumpkin recipes, and I will have no problem finishing off the muffins, but I will keep looking to see if I can find another recipe that results in a lighter texture.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Coat 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and allspice in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together pumpkin, egg, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Pour into flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide mixture among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly in pan and then unmold onto wire rack.
- Serve warm.