I grew up on these delicious moist muffins, and would look forward to the fall season every year when my mother would bake these nonstop to keep up with my appetite! Chocolate and pumpkin may seem like an odd combination, but trust me, it is incredibly satisfying and the flavors compliment each other extremely well! (Note: you can use 1 tbs pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon, ginger, and cloves)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thoroughly mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Break eggs into another bowl.
- Add oil and pumkin to eggs and whisk until smooth, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients and fold with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until puffed and springy to touch.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- (These muffins taste their best the next day).