Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't tried this recipe yet but hope to soon!
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (1/2 of a 16 oz. can)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Put almonds on a baking sheet or pie pan and bake for 5 minutes just until lightly browned. Watch carefully so they don't burn. Slide almonds off of baking pan so they cool quickly. Grease muffin cups or use paper liners.
- Mix flour, sugar, pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Break eggs into another bowl. Add pumpkin and butter and mix until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and almonds. Pour over dry ingredients and mix just until blended.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and springy to the touch in the center. Cool and wrap in a plastic bag for 1 to 2 days for best flavor.