Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great bread (or muffin) recipe from 'Don't Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer. --Tammi
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin, plain
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl and set aside.
- In small bowl, blend eggs, then add pumpkin and butter. Whisk together.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour wet ingredients intro dry ingredients and fold together.
- Pour into greased baking pans (bundt, loaf or muffins) and fill 2/3 full.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes for bundt cake, 40-45 minutes for loaves, and 20-25 minutes for muffins.
- Cool completely. If planning to freeze, wrap in plastic wrap and then place in freezer bag or container.
- Remove from freezer and allow to thaw at room temperature until served.
My family LOVED these. I've already had repeat requests for more. They thawed so nicely, too.
I have this cookbook and have been making this bread for several years - it is a great, family favorite! The chocolate chips just seem to go perfectly with the pumpking and spices - it is hard not to dig right in!