Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
from "two peas and their pod" - http://twopeasandtheirpod.com/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-granola-bars/
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 by 8 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk oats, spices, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk brown sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour over oats and stir well, until all of the oats are moist. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Evenly press oat mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. The pumpkin keeps the bars moist, so make sure they are golden and set-you don’t want them to be under baked. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into bars. Remove from pan and let cool completely.
These are healthy and taste great. The only things I might do differently next time are to bake the bars in a 7 x 11 inch pan so that they are a bit thinner, substitute some crispy rice cereal for the oatmeal, and decrease the amount of chocolate chips. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
Just made these today. They are awesome! I can hardly stay away from them!
Why can't I see the nutritional info on these?