Recipe by ellie3763
from "two peas and their pod" - http://twopeasandtheirpod.com/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-granola-bars/
Top Review by tednjoc
These are healthy and taste great. The only things I might do differently next time are to bake the bars in a 7 x 11 inch pan so that they are a bit thinner, substitute some crispy rice cereal for the oatmeal, and decrease the amount of chocolate chips. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
- 3 1⁄4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 by 8 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk oats, spices, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk brown sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour over oats and stir well, until all of the oats are moist. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Evenly press oat mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. The pumpkin keeps the bars moist, so make sure they are golden and set-you don’t want them to be under baked. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into bars. Remove from pan and let cool completely.