Recipe by Bopp
From a Pillsbury cookbook. These are a big hit for all those who I've made them for, the cinnamon frosting really makes this recipe.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix (pudding in the mix preferred)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting (or your favorite recipe)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups. In large bowl, combine all cupcake ingredients except chocolate chips; beat at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at high speed. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool 20 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Stir cinnamon into vanilla frosting. Frost cooled cupcakes.