This was the featured recipe in an email from KAF this morning. The pictures are entirely too cute on the website www.kingarthurflour.com - you have to check them out! "These happy pumpkin cookies are the perfect Halloween Treat! Pumpkin and chocolate chips make a great pair for Halloween. Add some strategically placed chips when the cookies come out of the oven for eyes, then drizzle the glaze for stripes, and you have the perfect party snack without a lot of fuss. For more grownup tastes, add the optional orange zest. You can see the steps for putting this cookie together at our baker's banter blog."
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
For the Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, King Arthur Unbleached
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 orange, zest of, grated (optional)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
For the Glaze
- 1For the cookies: Preheat the oven to 375°F Spray baking sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 2Whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt and spices in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- 3With an electric mixer set on medium speed, cream together the butter and sugars. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the pumpkin, eggs, vanilla and orange zest, beating well to blend.
- 4Slowly add the dry ingredients, beating well to blend. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 5Using a tablespoon scoop, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake on the middle oven rack for about 18 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Let cool on the baking sheets 5 minutes before transferring to racks to cool.
- 6While the cookies are still warm, press two chocolate chips into the cookie to make eyes for the pumpkin.
- 7For the glaze: Stir together the sugar, milk and vanilla until the glaze is smooth. Dip the tops of the cookies in the glaze and put back on the racks to set, or drizzle in a pumpkin pattern.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - King Arthur Flour
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.0
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 40.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g