Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great pumpkin cookie--and easy to make. Great snack for the kids. Enjoy.
Make and share this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; set aside.
- Beat sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla together.
- Add pumpkin and the dry ingredients alternately to the mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are set.
This was a really good cookie. After reading the last review I was actually expecting a cake like cookie, but it wasnt that at all, which is fine. My door is open to all kinds of cookies. ;) I followed it to a T, and was a little suprised because I am a pumpkin feind, but couldnt taste the pumpkin in it, but, of course, my hubby totally could! LOL No matter, we LOVED the cookie, and I will be making these again.
I think there were a few problems with this recipe, namely the large amount of baking powder and soda--the cookies came out tasting of the rising ingredients unfortunately. Also, I didn't really feel the pumpkin came through well, and the cookies were too fluffy, kind of like muffin tops. Perhaps tweaked a bit this recipe would work better.
Just like Moms. I've been eating these since I was a kid.