Recipe by LUv 2 BaKE
Soft chocolately goodness.
Top Review by 'venturous foodie
More on the cake/scone than an American cookie. My hubby doesn't like pumpkin without chocolate, so this was perfect. I added an extra cup of choco chips plus 1/2 tsp. nutmeg. Similar recipes added cumin, nutmeg or all-spice. I think the pumpkin puree needs that punch of spices. Also, baking time: better at 15-18 minutes. Love the whole wheat!!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and cinnamon, set aside.
- Cream margarine, gradually adding sugars; beat till light and fluffy; add egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Add pumpkin to wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix.
- Add chocolate chips, mix well.
- On cookie sheets, drop tbsp full of dough.
- Bake at 350F for 10- 15 minutes.