Recipe by HokiesMom
Found in the Nov. 2011 AllYou Magazine. Have not made this recipe yet but need to save it before the magazine gets recycled.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Mist an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray and then line with parchment paper. Melt the butter needed for recipe and let cool.
- Whisk together the cooled butter, sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin spice and salt.
- Stir in half of the flour, then milk, then the remaining flour, stirring until just combined (do not overmix).
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Scrape batter into pan and smooth top.
- Bake until firm to the touch and it passes a toothpick test, approximately 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Invert onto rack and then immediately turn right side up onto another rack to cool completely.