Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Seasonal favorite great for dessert OR even breakfast! Use canned pumpkin or better yet, bake a halved pumpkin, scoop out the meat and mash well. Mmmmm!
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and dust a Bundt pan or 13x9 cake pan or put paper in 30 cupcake spots.
- Mix wet ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients then add to wet ingredients, mixing well. Add mini-chips last.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cake for 1 hour, 20 minutes; cupcakes for about 20-25 minutes.
I followed the recipe without substitutions and I loved it. Very moist and the semi-sweet chocolate really balanced out the pumpkin. My bundt was done in about 1 hr and 10 minutes. I can't wait to make this again-- definitely a keeper! Made for Recipe Swap 14.
I really enjoyed this recipe, although I did find it a little oily for my liking. I cut back the sugar to 1 cup because I thought two cups was a little too much, especially with the chocolate chips. I enjoyed this very much.
This was pretty good. This actually has less sugar than other pumpkin recipes (not including the choc. chips). I kept the sugar but cut the (regular sized) choc. chips to 1 C. It came out not as sweet as other recipes, but my DD likes it, which is good. I put 1/4 C soy protein powder in it to get more protein into her too. I used w.w. pastry flour, sucanat and 1/2 Smart Balance oil and 1/2 applesauce. I filled the muffin cups full and they made 24 muffins. I'm going to put the recipe in my private file with the changes to see how it affects the fat and sugar. Thanks Debber.