Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This a great cake for a cool fall night. It is very rich and moist. The cake rises very high. Note: the batter is very thick. The recipe came from a friend of mine.
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) can canned pumpkin (for pies)
- 1 cup Crisco cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 1 bundt pan or two large loaf pans.
- Mix together all ingredients except chocolate chips and walnuts and beat by hand for 3 minutes-then fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into pan and bake for 80 minutes.
- Cool and then refrigerate.