Recipe by Heaven Bound
Low calorie and delish! At first I was a little wary of the pumpkin/chocolate chip combo, but trust me, its a hit! The pumpkin makes the brownies super moist. Can also be made into muffins.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
Wow! I have to admit I was skeptical too...but DH LOVED these. I followed the recipe exactly, only substituting "white" whole wheat flour for the all purpose flour. Baked for 25 minutes. Great flavor and texture. Thanks Heaven!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8- or 9-inch-square baking pan with nonwtick cooking spray.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar blend, egg substitute, egg whites and oil in large mixer bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- Add flour, baking poweder, cocoa, cinnamon, allspice, salt and nutmeg. Beat on low until batter is smooth.
- Stir in morsels.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 23-30 min or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool pan on wire rack. Cut into 2-inch squares.