Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is so simple and easy thanks to Rhodes prefrozen bread.
Top Review by Meredith in Missouri
I made this last night and everyone loved it. It was so delicious and easy. It would be even easier if you just bought a loaf of bread from the bakery. It was not as moist around the edges as it was in the middle so next time I will make sure that the edges get plenty of the liquid mixture. Great!
- 1 loaf rhodes frozen bread dough, baked and cooled
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- whipped cream, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove crusts from baked bread and cut into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, half and half, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, salt and spices. Mix well. Add the bread cubes and chocolate chips and toss gently.
- Pour into a sprayed 8-inch square baking pan. Let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with brown sugar and bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream.