Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Good to have on hand for when company shows up during the holidays. I found this recipe in the Quick N Easy magazine.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup mashed pumpkin (cooked)
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 3⁄4 cup pecans (chopped & divided)
- Add softened butter to sugar and well beaten eggs.
- In another bowl add flour,soda,cinnamon, nutmeg,salt,ginger and cloves.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture gradually adding mashed pumpkin.
- Stir in chocolate morsels and 1/2 cup pecans.
- Spoon mixture into a greased and floured 9x5 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the pecans on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 40-50 minutes.
- Use wooden toothpicks to check if done.
A dense bread that maintains it's cake-like texture. My family loved this and I'll make two next time. Hopefully the second one will make it into the freezer!