Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A moist, dessert bread with a delicious taste of pumpkin and spices, add chocolate and it's even better.
- 15 ounces pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 loaf pans, set aside.
- In a very large mixing bowl, beat sugar and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add eggs and beat well, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in three additions, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Beat in pumpkin and chocolate chips until combined.
- Pour evenly into your loaf pans, tap on the counter to remove air bubbles and bake for 55 - 65 minutes, rotating once during the cooking time.
- Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and let cool completely.
- Store up to 5 days in the refrigerator by wrapping in cellophane.
Great tasting pumpkin bread no matter what time of year, & although I was tempted to add a handful of raisins or dried cranberries, I didn't, at least not this first time around! Another time, though, I might just substitute a bit of applesauce for some of the vegetable oil ~ Still thinking about that one! However it's done, this pumpkin bread is wonderfully delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]