Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy, delicious, pumpkin bread. This is the best one I've tried. The bread is moist and dense and filled with chocolate. Everyone who tries it raves. Can be doubled to make four 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaves, or three 9" x 3" loaves, or ten 5" x 3" loaves
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray two 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pans.
- Mix dry ingredients together (flour, soda, salt, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon.).
- Stir chocolate chips into dry mixture.
- In separate bowl, stir eggs, oil, sugar and pumpkin together.
- Add pumpkin mixture to dry mixture and stir until well combined.
- Scrape batter into loaf pans and smooth top.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Excellent recipe! Easy to make and delicious...it was a hit with everyone who tried it. I added half a teaspoon of vanilla extract, as well as a pinch each of ginger, mace, allspice and white pepper (my typical pumpkin pie spices in addition to the ones in the recipe). Thanks for sharing!
Excellent pumpkin bread! I love that it makes 2 loaves, too, because one of them will be gone instantly. Perfect recipe. Note: the recipe says to mix the sugar with the wet ingredients. I didn't read that soon enough and mixed all the dry ingredients, including the sugar, together. It didn't seem to effect the recipe in any way. :)
This Bread was FANTASTIC!!! More like a cake than a bread. So moist and yummy. It was gone in my house by the end of the day. I added a sprinkle of powdered sugar on top after it cooled, so pretty. Wish the recipe made one loaf instead of 3, but the nieghbors didn't mind! Thanks for sharing it...I've already shared it with friends!