Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from a catalog about 10 years ago and I changed a few ingredients to suit my taste. This is so moist and delicious, it is my favorite quick bread. This freezes well also. I usually freeze individual slices so I can have a piece anytime I want! I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does.
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin (one 15 oz can, not pie filling)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (measure after chopping)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, set aside.
- In another large bowl, cream together the oil and sugar. Beat in the eggs, pumpkin, water and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture, stirring to blend.
- Mix in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into 2 lightly greased 9x5 loaf pans.
- Bake the bread in the preheated oven for 1 hour (can take up to 15 minutes longer) or until a cake tested inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove bread from the oven and cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove bread from pans and finish cooling on rack.
- When cool, wrap bread in plastic wrap and store overnight before serving.(this improves the flavor).