Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
At first I wasn't so sure about mixing the flavor of pumpkin and choclate, but they turned out to be surprisingly wonderful! I now make these all the time for my breakfast! I would suggest to definitely stick with milk chocolate chips but not the semi-sweet kind.
- 1 1⁄3 cups wheat bran
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- Combine bran and milk and mix.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, apple sauce and vanilla to bran and milk mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins, and bake at 400F for 20 minutes.