Recipe by Mindi Bunch
I haven't tried these yet. I wanted to post the recipe here for safe keeping. They sound delicious. I'm sure they'd be a great addition to any holiday dessert table. I found this recipe at Meals.com. cooking time is baking time combined with cooling time.
Top Review by griffiths_melissa
I thought these were pretty good. I thought they were similar to a pumpkin bar, but not quite as good as some I've tried. I ended up making and icing with a good cream cheese frosting recipe I have. After I added that, then I thought they were quite delicious.
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin pie filling (like Libby's)
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat 9-inch-square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin, egg, egg whites and oil in large mixeing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, cocoa, cinnamon, allspice, salt and nutmeg.
- Beat on low speed until batter is smooth.
- Stir in mini-chips.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for about 20 minutes on wire rack.
- Cut into 2-inch squares.