Pumpkin Chitarra Pasta With Brown Butter Sage Sauce
- Combine the all-purpose flour, semolina flour, spices and salt in a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulse to combine. Add the pumpkin, oil and eggs. Process in rapid pulses just until a coarse mixture forms. Turn dough onto a board dusted with semolina flour. Knead until the dough is a smooth ball. Wrap well in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil. Separate dough into 2-inch balls. Roll the first ball into a 9x18 inch rectangle. Dough should be just less than 1/8-inch thick. Place the rectangle on the wire surface of the chitarra. Run a rolling pin over the surface of the pasta, pressing down to cut the pasta. The pasta will fall to the ramp below. Gather the cut pasta and loosely place it in a pile, cover with a cloth to prevent it from drying out. Repeat with the remaining balls of dough.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water for 5 to 8 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and toss with the Brown Butter Sage Sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped pecans and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Brown Butter Sage Sauce: In a hot saute pan, cook the butter until it is brown, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and sage. Stir to combine (do not brown) and remove from heat.