Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This one was mentioned in my orginal chocolate whoopie pie recipe. So I decided to share my version.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
Filling for approx 15 whoopie pies
- 1 cup margarine (stick butter works great)
- 1 cup Crisco
- 2 cups marshmallow cream (use the stuff in the White tub with red lid)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1⁄2 vanilla
- 2 -3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- mix well pumpkin, oil, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Blend in: flour, powder, soda, salt then add the cocolate chips.
- Batter will be thick.
- I usalluy use a mixer for this recipe.
- grease cookie sheets, shape batter into a perfect flat circle (note: cookies will rise).
- makes 20 large cookies, bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes.
- cool and fill.
- Cream together margarine, crisco, fluff, 2 cups confect.
- Beat in salt dissolved in water, and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in remaidning confect sugar till peaks are formed.
I'm not really sure how to rate this recipe. I didn't care for the "cakes" at all. They were more like cookies. The filling however, was delicious!!! I ended up throwing the cookies away and saving the filling for something else. :)