Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very flavorful; a little messy warm, but delicious.
Make and share this Pumpkin Chip Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease or line muffin tin.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- In large bowl, beat eggs.
- Stir in pumpkin and melted butter.
- Blend well.
- Add dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened, Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into muffin tin and bake about 20-24 minute.
- I could not find the original recipe in my files, but found similar ones, and they all called for baking powder, so after the review, I edited the recipe and added the baking powder.
Wonderful! In an effort to make these a little healthier I used a more "healthy" margarine for the butter and used raisins instead of chocolate chips. I didn't have cloves so increased the allspice by a 1/4 tsp. I love these muffins, moist, perfect texture, great spices, loads of raisins in every bite, and i like that the pumpkin makes them a bit more high fibre. Will be making these over and over again!
these muffins have a great pumpkin flavor, and they're huge which is always a plus. however, i thought it was a bit strange that the recipe didn't call for baking powder, so I took the liberty of adding 1 teaspoon. thanks for posting!