Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
In ‘750 Best Muffin Recipes’ by Camilla Saulsbury
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes or until tops are golden and a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.