Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are so good I can’t believe it. Anytime I’ve made them they not only make the house smell yummy, but the kids eat them up! I never have many leftovers, and I am super popular when I take them to my son’s school as a teacher treat. Serve with Cream Cheese Frosting. (http://www.recipezaar.com/327620)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (fresh is best)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine the first 7 ingredients. Combine eggs, pumpkin, oil, honey and water. Stir into dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill foil lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for ten minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat in the confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes.
Substituted regular flour for the whole wheat and the batter was a little thin, but still taste good! And we used fresh pumpkin instead of canned. Totally plan on making them again.