Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are so good I can’t believe it. Anytime I’ve made them they not only make the house smell yummy, but the kids eat them up! I never have many leftovers, and I am super popular when I take them to my son’s school as a teacher treat. Serve with Cream Cheese Frosting. (http://www.recipezaar.com/327620)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (fresh is best)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine the first 7 ingredients. Combine eggs, pumpkin, oil, honey and water. Stir into dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill foil lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for ten minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat in the confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes.