Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
From TOH Quick Cooking Nov/Dec 2004.
Make and share this Pumpkin Chip Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Combine the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Transfer to two greased and floured 8 x4 x2 inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until a pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
These loaves were very yummy! I followed the recipe exactly as written. I liked the combination of sweet and tart in this bread. My loaves were done in 45 mins, but I think my pan size is different from the recipe. Thanks for posting this one! Prepared for My 3 Chefs event, Fall '08