Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This fancy little dish looks like you spent way more time in the kitchen than you will! The name is courtesy of my husband, who likes this in spite of himself.
- 6 tiny pumpkins
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 454 ml diced tomatoes
- 454 ml creamed corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups black beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- Wash and pierce skins of pumpkins with a knife (to prevent explosions). Microwave on HIGH 10-12 minutes.
- Remove, and cool enough to cut off the tops and scoop out the seeds. (Just like a jack-o-lantern, but smaller!) Be careful to leave as much meat (non-seeds) attached as possible.
- Brown beef in a medium saucepan over med-high heat.
- Add onion, peppers, and minced garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to med-low, stir in tomatoes, corn, beans and spices.
- Spoon into pumpkins, top with some cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
- Serve with a flourish!
Great name, great presentation, great taste! This was a terrific recipe. Thanks!
Looks very impressive for a reasonable amount of work. I used hokkaido pumpkins, which I baked at 375 F for 40 min. Otherwise I followed the recipe exactly, except adding more salt and a pinch of nutmeg. My familiy enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for posting.