Pumpkin Chiffon Pie With Gingersnap Crust
- For the crust, stir melted butter and cookie crumbs in medium bowl until mixed. Press into bottom and sides of 9 inch pie plate. Refrigerate.
- For the fillin, sprinkle gelatin into a small glass measuring cup and add brandy. Let stand.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, brown sugar, egg yolks, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until smooth. cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring continuously. (Instant read thermometer should read 140 degrees.) Continue stirring at 140 degrees for three more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Microwave gelatin mixture on high 10 seconds. Whisk into pumpkin mixture with electric mixer.
- Pour filling into large bowl. Let cool by setting bowl in a larger bowl of ice water. Mixture should cool to consistency of runny honey.
- Whip cream on medium high until stiff peaks form. Fold gently into pumpkin mixture and pour into cooled crust. Refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges with sharp knife.