Recipe by PianoCook
This recipe is from my mother-in-law, and is absolutely delicious. It is pumpkin pie only a fluffy, no-bake version that is very easy and quick to prepare.
Top Review by Nadacook
Exactly the recipe I've used every year since 1971, when I was a newlywed Air Force wife, far from family and hometown. Another AF wife made this pie for our shared Thanksgiving, and it's been a favorite ever since. Vicki has done a great service here, sharing the recipe that Laurie introduced me to so long ago. Thanks to both of you.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated, yolks slightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first seven ingredients in a small saucepan. Stir in milk, egg yolks, and pumpkin.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat to a large mixing bowl and chill in fridge just until partially set.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream. Fold both egg white mixture and whipped cream into bowl with pumpkin mixture. Pour into prepared crust and chill until firm.