Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from my mother-in-law, and is absolutely delicious. It is pumpkin pie only a fluffy, no-bake version that is very easy and quick to prepare.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated, yolks slightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crusts
- Combine first seven ingredients in a small saucepan. Stir in milk, egg yolks, and pumpkin.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat to a large mixing bowl and chill in fridge just until partially set.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream. Fold both egg white mixture and whipped cream into bowl with pumpkin mixture. Pour into prepared crust and chill until firm.
Exactly the recipe I've used every year since 1971, when I was a newlywed Air Force wife, far from family and hometown. Another AF wife made this pie for our shared Thanksgiving, and it's been a favorite ever since. Vicki has done a great service here, sharing the recipe that Laurie introduced me to so long ago. Thanks to both of you.