Recipe by Babybuttons
This is a holiday favorite in my house. it was my grandfather's favorite and it's not Christmas day without it. This can be in pie form or just as a dessert. Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 large eggs
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 fluid ounce whiskey
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat first 7 ingredients in large pot.
- Beat 5 egg yokes in a bowl and add hot pumpkin.
- Dissolve gelatin in water and add to pumpkin; cook for 5 minutes.
- When cool add whiskey and set aside.
- Beat 5 egg whites to a stiff peak and fold into pumpkin and set aside in a cold place to let set (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- Fold in 2 c of Cool Whip.
- If making a pie, follow the above steps plus making a pie crust with no filling. I usually get a ready made pie crust--it just makes it easier.