1 hr 25 mins
I had this cake a couple of years ago, and it was so good, it has stuck in my mind. This cake is so very moist and delicious. It is my family's choice for the holidays instead of pumpkin pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups pumpkin (1 large can)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (dry)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 eggs
For after cake is out of oven
- 1Bottom layer: Combine all ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
- 2Pour into 9x13 greased and floured pan and set aside.
- 3Top layer: Combine all ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
- 4Carefully pour over bottom layer, spreading evenly all around.
- 5Bake in 350F oven for 1 hour.
- 6Turn heat down to 300°F, bake for 1/2 hour longer.
- 7As soon as cake is out, loosen sides with knife.
- 8Pour melted butter or margarine over entire cake.
- 9Cool for about 40 minutes on wire rack.
- 10Cut with knife, turn over onto foil lined cookie sheet.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Chiffon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 604.6
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 138.0 mg
- Sodium 722.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 43.3 g
- Protein 8.0 g