Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I had this cake a couple of years ago, and it was so good, it has stuck in my mind. This cake is so very moist and delicious. It is my family's choice for the holidays instead of pumpkin pie.
- 3 cups pumpkin (1 large can)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (dry)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 eggs
For after cake is out of oven
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Bottom layer: Combine all ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
- Pour into 9x13 greased and floured pan and set aside.
- Top layer: Combine all ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
- Carefully pour over bottom layer, spreading evenly all around.
- Bake in 350F oven for 1 hour.
- Turn heat down to 300°F, bake for 1/2 hour longer.
- As soon as cake is out, loosen sides with knife.
- Pour melted butter or margarine over entire cake.
- Cool for about 40 minutes on wire rack.
- Cut with knife, turn over onto foil lined cookie sheet.