Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a soup that I made up with what I had available. I love chickpeas and cumin combined and pumpkin soup is one of our favourites. Family enjoyed it immensely.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 liter chicken stock or 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in pan, add cumin, coriander and garlic, stirring over low heat 1 minute.
- Add stock, pumpkin, potato and onion.
- Cook until tender.
- Add chickpeas and evaporated milk, process until thick and most of chickpeas have been pureed.
- Serve with crusty bread.