Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a soup that I made up with what I had available. I love chickpeas and cumin combined and pumpkin soup is one of our favourites. Family enjoyed it immensely.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 liter chicken stock or 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in pan, add cumin, coriander and garlic, stirring over low heat 1 minute.
- Add stock, pumpkin, potato and onion.
- Cook until tender.
- Add chickpeas and evaporated milk, process until thick and most of chickpeas have been pureed.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Great soup, my boyfriend really enjoyed it! Added a little bit of salt, but left the rest as is. Thanks.
Moroccan style soup that combines a lot of my favorite foods. Even though I am not afraid to venture off a recipe when I understand how the ingredients interact with each other, I dont like rating it when I switch parts because I cant find all of the required things... that being said, I subbed the potato for sweet potato (not yam) and vegetable broth for beef broth. Also pumpkin for pumpkin pack. Still turned out great!
I was just about to make this combo myself when I found your recipe- gave me the courage to proceed! I added a few more spices - ginger, allspice, paprika and I skipped the potato but added some yellow split peas. And I left out the skim milk too. Smells amazing and tastes great too!