Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a recipe I copied out of the local newspaper here in Louisville (The Courier-Journal). It is from the Derby City Antique Mall and is a GREAT pumpkin pie! It is my DH's favorite!! I hope you all enjoy it also!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Defrost pie crust or make your own and put into a 10" pan preferably. If using a 9" pan you will have some leftover filling.
- Beat pumpkin, sugar and butter in a large bowl at medium speed until smooth, about 5 minutes
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat until everything is well blended. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 min., or until center is almost set.
- Cool completely before chilling or eating! Enjoy!
What a splendid recipe. It really strikes a nice balance between chess and pumpkin pie. I used good quality spices and room temperature eggs. Left over filling is NO problem. I sprayed a small souffle dish with non-stick vegetable spray and poured the excess and baked along with the pie. When the small souffle had set, I pulled it and served it warm with fresh whipped cream. THIS is the pie I'll be making for the holidays this year.
The perfect pumpkin pie recipe. Simple to make and DELICIOUS. Thanks for sharing a great recipe.