Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe on another recipe site. I changed a couple of things to suit our tastes, and came up with this delicious cheesecake. Perfect for Thanksgiving dessert.
- 2 cups crushed cinnamon graham crackers
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon rum
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Spray 9" springform pan with cooking spray. Wrap foil around pan to catch drips.
- In a small bowl, mix crust ingredients. Press mixture in bottom and 1 inch up side of pan.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minute.
- To minimize cracking of the cheesecake, place shallow pan half full of hot water on lower oven rack.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
- Spoon 3 cups of the mixture onto crust; spread evenly.
- To remaining cream cheese mixture, add pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and cardamom. Mix with wire whisk until smooth.
- Spoon over mixture in pan.
- Bake 1 hour 15 min.to 1 hour 25 min.or until edge of cheesecake is pulled away from edge of pan, but center of cheesecake still jiggles lightly when moved.
- Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches.
- Let cheesecake remain in oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on cooling rack for 30 minutes.
- Cover loosely, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, no longer than 24 hours.
- For the sauce, melt the butter over low heat. Add the sugars and heat slowly to combine well. Very important not to let this sauce boil.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the evaporated milk.
- Let cool, and stir in the rum.
- Just before serving, run small metal spatula around edge of pan: carefully remove side of pan.
- Top individual slices with warm sauce and whipped cream if desired.
- Store cheesecake in the refrigerator.
This is a fantastic pumpkin cheesecake recipe! I love that its layered.