Recipe by Malriah
A new Thanksgiving tradition! This is a super rich and creamy treat, not for weak taste-buds! Credit goes to the king of the kitchen, Emeril.
Top Review by Wendy13
I had a pumpkin cheesecake at Caeser's Palace in Las Vegas a few years ago that was decadent. I have been trying to replicate it ever since. So far this is the closest that I have come. Everyone in my house liked it. It has a great, creamy texture and just the right amount of pumpkin. The only thing that I changed was to use gingersnaps in place of the nuts in the crust. It was also very easy to make. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 cup ground pecan pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 lbs cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 1 dash Bourbon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the crumbs, pecans and butter together.
- Mix well and press into a 12 inch spring form pan.
- In a food processor mix cream cheese until smooth.
- Add brown sugar and blend.
- Add the eggs, ONE AT A TIME, and thoroughly incorporate.
- Add the heavy cream, flour, salt, cinnamon and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Add pumpkin and continue mixing until smooth.
- Pour into pan, place pan into a waterbath and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- While cake is baking,combine whipped cream and bourbon together.
- Allow cake to cool COMPLETELY before removing spring form.
- Cut and garnish with spiked cream.