1/2 Photos of Pumpkin Cheesecake With Bourbon
6 hrs 50 mins
This can also be made without the bourbon but it IS better with it. This cheesecake is very light and fluffy and not dense it has an extreme flavor, you will get many rave reviews when you serve this at your next dinner. When serving on plate drizzle with caramel sauce or a dollop of whipped cream. This is an outstanding and easy to make cheesecake, one you will be proud to serve. If you like an extreme spice flavor increase the cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger by 1/2 teaspoon. Just a hint... If you don't want to purchase a full bottle of bourbon, just purchase those little small about 1/3-cup bottles, the kind that they serve on airplanes, anywhere that wine or whiskey is sold, and use it for this recipe, it really kicks up the flavor big time! Plan ahead or a day before this cheesecake needs to chill for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight. I lightly drizzle my caramel sauce over the cheesecake slices (Kittencal's Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce or Ice Cream Topping) when serving on plates, or dollup with whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons bourbon liqueur (optional but good to add in) or 2 tablespoons Bourbon (optional but good to add in)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1To make the crust: stir together crumbs, pecans, both sugars and melted butter until well combined.
- 2Press the crumb mixture evenly into bottom and 1/2-inch up sides of pan. of a 9-inch springform pan.
- 3Bake in a 350°F oven for 8 minutes; remove and cool completely.
- 4Also the crust can be chilled for 1 hour instead of baking, but I think it holds together better when baked.
- 5For filling: Set oven to 350°F and set oven rack to middle position.
- 6In a medium bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, eggs, brown sugar, whipping cream, vanilla and liqueur (if using) until combined well.
- 7In a large bowl stir together white sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt.
- 8Add in the softened cream cheese and beat with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy and smooth (about 3-4 minutes).
- 9Reduce speed to medium and add in pumpkin mixture; beat until well combined and smooth.
- 10Pour filling into crust (smoothing the top).
- 11Place the springform pan on top of a shallow baking pan (just in case the springform leaks).
- 12Bake in center oven until center is just set (about 50-60 minutes).
- 13Transfer to a rack and cool for about 3 hours.
- 14Chill in refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight (even better!).
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cheesecake With Bourbon
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.9
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 132.7 mg
- Sodium 468.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 30.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g