1 hr 35 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 sweet tart crust, baked until crust is golden and baked through (enough for an 11-inch tart, see Mean Chef's Sweet Tart Dough)
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch of freshly ground white pepper
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin puree (10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Filling: In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, brown sugar, ground spices, nutmeg and salt.
- 3Using an electric mixer, beat at medium speed until smooth.
- 4Beat in the pumpkin puree until smooth.
- 5Beat in the cream, maple syrup, vanilla and eggs at low speed until blended.
- 6Put the crust on a large, sturdy baking sheet and set it in the oven.
- 7Pour the pumpkin custard into the crust.
- 8Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the custard is just set but still slightly jiggly in the center.
- 9Cover the edge with foil if the crust starts to brown too much.
- 10Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
- 11Gelee: In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries with 1/2 cup of water and cook over moderate heat until they begin to pop, about 5 minutes.
- 12Let cool.
- 13Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- 14Strain the puree through a fine sieve.
- 15Rinse out the saucepan.
- 16Add the sugar and 1/4 cup of water to the saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring, until dissolved.
- 17Let cool.
- 18Stir in the orange juice and cranberry puree.
- 19In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over 2 tablespoons of water and let stand until softened, 5 minutes.
- 20Microwave for 10 seconds, or until completely melted.
- 21Whisk the gelatin into the cranberry mixture and pour the gelée over the pumpkin custard; shake it gently to even it out.
- 22Refrigerate the tart until set, at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- 23Remove the tart ring and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cheesecake Tart with Cranberry Gelee
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.3
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 265.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 33.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet tart crust